Thursday, February 25, 2010

Fear Journal

When I was a wee old chap, there weren't many things I was afraid of, besides scary movies. If there was one thing that I could absolutely not tolerate, it was Chucky, the doll. One time when I was 9, I turned on the spike television channel a couple days before Halloween. Since it was close to Halloween they had a scary movie marathon going on, and of course Chucky was one of the movies being shown. I watched about 45 minutes of the Chucky movie, and then changed the channel because I could not handle it anymore. That movie was on my mind for days, even weeks. I can remember being scared to go to sleep because all I would think about is that red-headed, freckle-faced doll sneaking into my room and killing me. Even now to this day I refuse to watch any movie with that thing in it.

5 comments:

  1. John you are still scared of scary movies! One Missed Call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah that doll creeped me out when i was younger to... I hate gingers!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Johnny, act like you're not still scared of horror flicks! Don't be surprised if one of these days, I just weasel into your house, dressed up as Chuckie, and eat all your food.

    By the way, you did one great job relating it back to LOTF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate to that so well because scary movies terrify me, and that is why i do not watch them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i remember the grudge 2 you put your sweatshirt on backwards so you could cover your eyes for the scary parts

    ReplyDelete